- Audio Pro Gears
- Wired Microphones
- Blue Microphones Bottle Cap Kit (8 Capsules and includes Flight Case)
Blue Microphones Bottle Cap Kit (8 Capsules and includes Flight Case)
The Blue Bottle Cap Kit takes the venerable Blue Bottle microphone to even greater sonic heights! This innovative collection of seven interchangable capsules (an eighth - the B6 - is included with the Bottle) adds an amazing array of tonal characteristics and pickup patterns to your Blue Bottle mic, allowing you to capture everything from the wispiest highs to the most gut-punching lows imaginable. The Bottle Cap Kit gives Blue's flagship microphone a level of detail and aural quality reserved for the most vintage and expensive models out there. Get the most out of an already incredible microphone with the Blue Bottle Cap Kit.
- B0 Cardioid Large Diaphragm capsule - Provides a bright, silky presence that's perfect for lead and background vocals, guitar, percussion, or any other source with an extended top end.
- B1 Cardioid Small Diaphragm capsule - Great for capturing nylon- or steel-string guitars, small-pitched percussion, and orchestral string instruments. The B1's extended high-frequency response also makes it perfect for drum overheads, ambient/room miking, even Foley and sound-effect recording.
- B2 Figure of Eight Large Diaphragm - The "vintage capsule" of the Bottle Cap Kit, providing the richness of a well-aged ribbon mic. Use this capsule to get vintage character from brass, guitar, woodwinds, and vocals, or to take the edge off of overly-bright instruments. This capsule is also great for acoustic and electric bass, cello, and even whistling.
- B3 Cardioid Mid-Sized Diaphragm - Very transparent, with a neutral sound that's optimum for female vocals, distant miking of orchestral groups and instruments, distorted electric guitars, basses, banjos, mandolins, and resonator guitars. The capsule also lends a "folky" tone to acoustic guitars.
- B4 Perspex Sphere Omni Small Diaphragm - Captures lush lows and sweet highs; it's perfect for the ambient recording of classical and orchestral instrumentation, as well as background vocals, organ, accordion, and drums.
- B5 Pressure Omni Large Diaphragm - The "presence omni." Possessing a unique compressed quality, the B5 features a highly accentuated low and high frequency response that's well suited to capturing high-transient sources like acoustic guitars and percussion. The capsule's extra presence boost also helps tracks cut through a dense mix.
- B6Larger than life sound enhanced lows and high frequency presence. Suggested Applications: Lead vocals, background vocals, voiceovers, percussion, piano, vibraphone, accordion, clean electric guitar, jazz guitar, and distant miking of acoustic or resonator guitar.
- B7 Cardioid Large Diaphragm Single Backplate - Provides detailed mids and an airy presence, perfect for that "vintage vibe" on vocals, saxophone, flute and all types of guitars. It's also optimum for conventional jazz recording.
Vacuum Tube Condenser
Various (depending on capsule)
20Hz - 20KHz
20.0 mV/Pa at 1kHz (1 PA = 94dB SPL) with B6 Capsule
Rated Load Impedance:
Not less than 1 k Ohm
134 dB SPL (2.5k Ohm, 1% THD) with B6 Capsule
Noise Level :
7.5 dB-A (IEC 651) with B6 Capsule
126.5 dB (@2.5k Ohm) with B6 Capsule
Bottle Power Supply Unit 115/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz
390mm x 90mm