The Discrete 8 Pro version improves on its predecessor by unlocking our latest software features and improving the sound quality even further. The audio interface has been redesigned to give studio owners, bands, and recording engineers more flexibility in every recording scenario.
- Discrete 6-transistor preamps inspired by vintage console design.
- Latest generation A/D converters with improved dynamic range for even better sound quality.
- Proprietary 64-bit AFC clocking technology, developed for our high-end master clocks.
- 8 x Discrete 6-transistor preamps with 65dB of gain for pristine recordings.
- All work as microphone/line and two are also Hi-Z inputs, on combo XLR jacks, and supply 48V of phantom power.
- 8 x DC-coupled line outputs over D-Sub 25.
- Dedicated stereo monitor output and 2 switchable reamp outs over TRS for further amp processing of guitar signal. They can also be used as an additional stereo monitor output simultaneously with the main monitor out.
- Digitally expandable over ADAT and S/PDIF I/O, a total of 18 channels available.
- Three-word clock outputs letting you distribute the interface’s highly stable clock signal across your studio and a word clock input
- Footswitch input that can be used as a single footswitch (on 1/4” TS jack) to control the dim function or a dual footswitch to control both the talkback and dim functions.
- Two independent stereo headphone outputs with separate gain control.
Effects processing engine
FPGA + DSP
Available FX channel strips
Maximum effects per strip
Virtual Patch Bay + Simplified
D/A monitor output
Adaptive – source based