High Speed USB 2.0 Device 500 Meter Fiber Optics Cable Extender
This new USB Extender supports all USB 2.0 devices, extending to 1640 feet (500 meters) away from the USB source. The receiver unit also contains a four-port USB 2.0 hub.
By using fiber optic cables, the new Gefen USB 400FO extends USB peripherals a long distance from the location of a computer. It provides an solution free of EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) for USB extension.
- Extreme USB technology extends the range of USB 2.0 devices up to 1640 feet (500 meters) using fiber-optic cables
- Receiver unit is also a USB 2.0 four-port hub
- Fully backward-compliant with USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 specifications as certified by the USB Implementer’s Forum
- Number of devices can be expanded using standard USB hubs
- Supported by all major operating systems including Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
- Supports USB connections for devices such as PlayStation and Wii.
- A very secure method of USB control in areas where environmental conditions prohibit access by people
- Ideal as optical isolation from over-voltage and static electricity
- Supports High Speed USB 2.0 devices up to 480mb/s
USB 2.0 Speed: 480Mbps
USB Input Connector: Type B
USB Output Connector: Type A
Link Connector: (2) LC
Power Supply: 5V DC
Operating temperature range: 0 degrees C to 50 degrees C
Range: 1640ft (500m) over 50/125?m Multi-Mode Fiber optic cable
Dimensions (Sender): 4″ W x 1.25″ H x 3″ D
Dimensions (Receiver): 4″ W x 1.25″ H x 3″ D
Shipping Weight: 2 lbs