This tile bridge distributes the weight of an 8 inch speaker assembly to the ceiling support system in a suspended 2’x 2′ or 2’x 4′ tile ceiling. A tile-bridge is often required by local building codes for safety reasons, as well as to reduce the potential of having unsightly sags in ceiling tile due to undistributed weight. This tile bridge can be used with or without a backbox, depending on local building codes and the style and weight of the speaker assembly.
- Formed construction, lightweight, rigid support
- 24-gauge galvanized steel
- 23.75 in. x 15.5 in.
- 8.5 in. square opening in center
- Multiple formed ribs for strength
- Mounting Aids:?? Multiple attachment points, wire holes at corners for seismic anchoring where required by code, Twist ‘n
- Lock hardware-free mounting
- For Driver Size:?? 8 inch
- For Grille Type:?? Screw-mount grille (with or without backbox) or torsion grille (with backbox)