Clarity is king-and with the R80 V2s, you’ll hear every single detail of your music-and no problematic trouble spots will escape your ear again! If you’re mixing or mastering high-resolution audio, the R80 V2 will ensure that you hear every nuance, thanks to its custom 6.8-inch Air Motion Transformer (AMT) tweeter that responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies. You’ll hear all of the air and space that has become synonymous with high-resolution audiophile sessions. The AMT design also allows the R80 V2 to handle 8 to 13 times the projection area of more traditional tweeter designs-while its unique housing constrains this projection area strictly to the horizontal axis. The result is a very wide sweet spot with focused vertical dispersion-minimizing reflections from your desk, floor, or ceiling.
The 8-inch, custom coated, woven composite LF driver produces a more dynamic output than conventional designs, thanks to the rigid cone’s ability to maintain a more constant dispersion pattern across its frequency response range, resulting in transparent sound with reduced reflections. Biamped with 140W RMS of Class D power-75 W driving the woofer and 45 W driving the tweeter-the R80 V2 ranks among the most powerful monitor speakers in its category.
A set of four acoustic tuning controls allow you to tailor the R80 V2’s frequency response to compensate for the anomalies of nearly any mix environment-so you can expect predictable, consistent performance in the event you use them in more than one place.
- 2-way active AMT tweeter design provides articulate high-frequency response, wide stereo imaging, and narrow vertical dispersion
- Custom-designed, 6.8-inch, AMT tweeter responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies for audiophile-grade air and space
- 8-inch LF drivers provide transparent mid- and low-frequency reproduction for clean, punchy bass
- Biamped, 140W RMS (LF = 75 W, HF = 65 W) Class D power amplifier with switching power supply
- Acoustic tuning controls (Low cut, Mid, High, Acoustic Space) compensate for room acoustics and placement
- Includes Studio Magic, a suite of over $1000 USD worth of music production software
- Balanced XLR and 1/4-inch TRS plus unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- Toroidal power transformer eliminates noise and hum
- System protections include RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Power: 100-120V ~50/60 Hz or 220-240V ~50/60 Hz
Be the first to review “PreSonus R80 V2 2-Way 8-Inch Powered Studio Reference Monitor with AMT Tweeter”