The KSM44A is a premium, large-diaphragm, side-address condenser microphone with multiple polar pattern options (cardioid, omnidirectional, bidirectional). The refined and sophisticated design of the KSM44A features an externally biased, dual 1-inch diaphragms, exensive internal pop filtering and Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology for a ground-breaking threshold minimum of self-noise. The KSM44A is the premier choice for the highest level of professional studio and stage performance.
A milestone achievement in sound reinforcement, Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology employs transparent internal circuitry architectures that enable unprecedented audio quality and performance.
- Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology: Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier provides transparency, extremely fast transient response and no crossover distortion. Minimizes harmonic and intermodulation distortions.
- Groundbreaking specifications: 4dB of self-noise and max SPL of 131 dB for a total dynamic range of 127 dB – an increase of 7 dB that defines the new standard for cleanly nuanced audio capture
- Multiple polar patterns–cardioid, omnidirectional and bidirectional–for maximum flexibility in a wide variety of recording applications
Dual 1 inch, externally biased, ultra-thin, 2.5 μm, 24 Karat gold-layered, low mass diaphragms provide superior frequency response
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates rumble from mechanical vibration below 17 Hz.
- Switchable 15 dB pad for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
- 3-position switchable low-frequency filter helps reduce unwanted stand vibration noise or counteract proximity effect
- Integrated three-stage pop protection grille reduces plosives and other breath noise
Condenser (externally biased)
Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Bidirectional
20 to 20,000 Hz
Low-Frequency Filter Switch
Flat, –6 dB/octave below 115 Hz, or –18 dB/octave below 80 H
11–52 V DC phantom power (IEC-61938) 5.8 mA, maximum
Common Mode Rejection (10 to 100,000 Hz)
> 50 dB
Common Mode Rejection (20 Hz to 20 kHz)
> 50 dB
Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
492 g (17.4 oz.)
Three-pin professional audio (XLR). male, balanced
Be the first to review “Shure KSM44A/SL | Multi Pattern Large Diaphragm Side Address Condenser Cristal”