Smartstops are endpin stops that actually work!
SmartStop Hybrid is for use with either Cello or Bass. For cellists, our Hybrid model works for all endpins (with rubber tips or sharpened tips) and features an innovative design with multiple holes added to the center of the stop which allows cellists with sharpened endpins to make adjustments to their position within the stop rather than moving the whole stop.
Designed by a professional cellist, SmartStop sticks securely on most surfaces including marble, wood, laminate, linoleum, and more. With a slim, light profile, SmartStop will fit easily into the pocket of your case.
SmartStop is hand-made in Minnesota by a team of musicians.
SmartStop is a compact 2.65"diameter and about .75" thick.
1. SmartStop sticks to most surfaces, but moves easily if you need to adjust position.
2. SmartStop is dust-resistant
3. SmartStop can be washed but it doesn’t need to be
4. SmartStop can accommodate cellos with all endpin types and rubber tips, and most basses.??
5. SmartStop does not bounce. It is made from a hard plastic material on the top with a rubbery backing.
SmartStop was developed by Sarah West, a Juilliard-trained cellist and teacher who also invented and developed Magic Rosin, a popular professional-grade rosin for violin, viola and cello. Over three years of research on the best materials for both the top and the bottom of the SmartStop, and dozens of design change trials, have yielded an amazing backing that is strong, tear-resistant, and sticks to most surfaces. SmartStop is dust-resistant but also washes easily (doesn’t need washing under normal use). A cello and bass stop that actually works!
SmartStop is a hand-made product and may vary slightly in color or top surface.